Chef Ray: Seared Smoked Paprika Lamb with Brown Rice and Beetroot Salad
I wanted a qwik and simple meal to prepare for myself and my partner. Opening up the latest Healthy Food Guide this recipe jumped out and hit the spot perfectly.
From: Moulds, Jess (Sep 2016) 5pm Panic in Healthy Food Guide
- 4 medium beetroot (450g), peeled and cut into 2cm chunks
- oil spray
- juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 500g lean lamb steaks
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2x 250g pouches Express Brown Rice and Quinoa
- 120g (3 cups) baby spinach
- ½ cup roughly chopped walnuts
- 80g feta
- Preheat oven to 200°C on fan bake. Lightly spray beetroot with oil and bake for 20 minutes until just soft.
- In a small saucepan bring the the lemon juice, vinegar and maple syrup to the boil. Simmer for 4-5 minutes before removing from the heat and adding 1 teaspoon of olive oil to form a thin dressing.
- Heat a large non-stick griddle pan or fry pan on a high heat. Coat lamb with paprika and sear for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your liking. Set aside to rest while preparing the salad.
- Cook rice following packet instructions. Lay spinach on a large serving dish and top with cooked rice and quinoa, beetroot, walnuts and crumbed feta. Dress with balsamic vinaigrette and serve salad alongside lamb.
Although I’m not a qualified chef I do like to pretend I’m on Master Chef. I source the recipes from the stated source (not sauce) and make them taking the photo of the meal I produce for myself.