This is a great recipe that is low in kiloJoules/Calories, high in iron, low sodium and high protein as well as having 5+ vegetables.
From: Unknown Author Stretch it out! In (Oct 16) Australian Healthy Food Guide
- 250g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 450g sweet potato, peeled
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3 teaspoons lemon zest
- 400g can no-added salt canellini beans, rinsed, drained
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 4x 125gm lean lamb leg steaks, fat trimmed
- 4 cups mixed salad leaves, to serve
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place the tomatoes on prepared tray, and bake for 10 minutes or until wilted. Set aside
- Meanwhile, boil sweet potato for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside. heat olive oil in the same saucepan over medium heat, add garlic and 1 teaspoon lemon zest and cook, stirring, for 1 minute, or until fragrant. Add drained beans and reserved sweet potato. Cook, stirring, until beans are heated through. Mash roughly. Stir through baby spinach leaves until just wilted. Keep warm.
- Combine the paprika and remaining lemon zest. Sprinkle paprika mixture evenly over lamb. Place a chargrill pan or non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Spray lamb lightly with oil; grill for 2 minutes each side, for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer lamb to a plate, cover loosely with foil and set aside to rest for 3 minutes.
- Slice lamb thickly. Serve lamb on the mash, topped with the roasted tomatoes and mixed salad leaves on the side.