This is so easy and so healthy to make it is ridiculous. Then you sit down to eat it and the flavour hits you…..YUM
From: Thomas, Biju & Lim, Allen (2011) The Feedzone Cookbook – Fast and Flavorful Food for Athletes Velo Press
- 1 cup of cooked and shredded chicken
- 2 cups loosely packed butter leaf lettuce, pulled into pieces
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion
- ½ cup thinly sliced strawberries
- grated Parmesan
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon white or apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon light olive oil
- a bit of fresh thyme
- To make the dressing: In a bowl, combine the lemon juice, honey, and vinegar. While whisking, drizzle in oil; add salt and pepper to taste. Fresh thyme is a great finishing touch. Place the shredded chicken in the dressing while you prepare the salad, about 5 minutes.
- Combine the lettuce, red onion, and strawberries in a medium-sized serving bowl or individual plates. Place the chicken on top of the salad and drizzle with remaining dressings.
Add grated Parmesan and salt & pepper to taste.
For more great recipes like this get the Feedzone Cookbook.
Chef Biju and Dr. Lim vetted countless meals with the world’s best endurance athletes in the most demanding test kitchens. In The Feed Zone Cookbook: Fast and Flavorful Food for Athletes, Thomas and Lim share their energy-packed, wholesome recipes to make meals easy to prepare, delicious to eat, and better for performance.
The Feed Zone Cookbook provides 150 delicious recipes that even the busiest athletes can prepare in less time than it takes to warm up for a workout. With simple recipes requiring just a handful of ingredients, Biju and Allen show how easy it is for athletes to prepare their own food, whether at home or on the go.
The Feed Zone Cookbook strikes the perfect balance between science and practice so that athletes will change the way they think about food, replacing highly processed food substitutes with real, nourishing foods that will satisfy every athlete’s cravings.
The Feed Zone Cookbook includes
- 150 delicious recipes illustrated with full-color photographs
- Breakfasts, lunches, recovery meals, dinners, snacks, desserts
- Dr. Allen Lim’s take on the science and practice of food
- Portable real food snacks, including Lim’s famous rice cakes
- Dozens of quick-prep meals for before and after workouts
- Shortcuts, substitutions, and techniques to save time in the kitchen
- Over 100 gluten-free and vegetarian alternatives to favorite dishes