This is a delicious and healthy curry that will become a family favourite at your place.
Modified from: MacKenzie, Kristen; Gibbons, Megan; (2005) Fit Food For Winners Nestle NZ Ltd
- 2 cups of long grain rice
- olive or canola oil spray
- 1 onion sliced
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp tumeric
- 3 cups cubed pumpkin
- 1 kumura, cubed
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tsp MAGGI Garlic Stock Powder
- 400g can tomatoes in juice, chopped
- 300g can chickpeas, drained
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 cups packed baby spinach leaves
- ¼ cup low fat natural unsweetened yoghurt
- 2 tbsp MAGGI Coconut Milk Powder
- low fat natural unsweetened yoghurt to serve, extra
- Cook rice following packet directions.
- Spray a large saucepan with oil and heat. Add onion and spices, cook for 2 minutes, stirring.
- Add pumpkin and kumara, mix to coat with spices. Add water, stock powder and tomatoes. Bring to the boil, stirring.
- Add chickpeas and simmer covered for 20 minutes or until vegetales are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add peas and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in spinach leaves and cook until spinach just wilts.
- Remove from heat and stir through combined yoghurt and coconut milk powder.
- Serve with rice, a dollop of yoghurt and poppadoms.
Although I’m not a qualified chef I do like to pretend I’m on Master Chef. I source the recipes from the stated source (not sauce) and make them taking the photo of the meal I produce for myself.