This is a delicious recipe that I made last night for my partner and I. Unfortunately, in my rush to dish it up when she returned from her mountain bike ride I left the avocado off.
From: Freer, Chrissy; Glorious Grains In (May 17) Healthy Food Guide
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lime juice
- 8 small chicken tenderloins (400g total)
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed, drained
- 2 cups green beans, trimmed (can be frozen or fresh)
- 400g can black beans, rinsed, drained
- 250g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved or 2 tomatoes, diced
- ½ avocado, sliced
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup or honey
- Combine zest, paprika, 1 1/2 table spoons lime juice and 2 teaspoons olive oil in a shallow glass or ceramic dish. Add chicken and turn to coat. Set aside to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Place quinoa and 2 cups of water in a saucepan and bring to the boil over a high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 12-15 minutes, or until water is absorbed and quinoa is al dente.
- Meanwhile, steam, boil or microwave green beans for 2-3 minutes or until just tender. Drain.
- Heat a large chargrill pan or barbecue hotplate over medium-high heat. Drain chicken of excess marinade and grill for 3-4 minutes each side, or until coked through.
- Divide quinoa between 4 bowls. Top each with some black beans, green beans, cherry tomatoes, avocado and 2 chicken tenderloins. Whisk together remaining lime juice, olive oil and maple syrup. Drizzle dressing over each quinoa bowl, and serve.
Although I’m not a qualified chef I do like to pretend I’m on Master Chef. I source the recipes from the stated source (not sauce) and make them taking the photo of the meal I produce for myself.