This is a qwik and easy meal to prepare for the whole family.
From: MacKenzie, Kristen; Gibbons, Megan; (2005) Fit Food For Winners Nestle NZ Ltd
- 2 cups of jasmine rice
- olive or canola oil spray
- 500g skinless chicken breast fillets, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp red curry paste
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 carrot, cut into strips
- 1 courgette, sliced
- 1 tsp coconut essence
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 375mL can Carnation Light & Creamy Evaporated Milk
- 1 tsp Maggi Garlic Stock Powder
- fresh coriander to garnish
- Cook rice following packet directions
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and heat. Add chicken and onion, stir-fry over high heat for 3 minutes. Add curry paste and stir-fry for 1 further minute.
- Add red pepper, carrot, courgette and combine remaining ingredients. Bring to the boil, stirring. Simmer for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Serve on drained, cooked rice and garnish with fresh coriander.