A delicious and healthy meal, that looks great to serve up for guests as well as your family.
From: Swain, Sarah; 5pm Panic In (Mar 18) Healthy Food Guide
- 4x 125g skinless chicken breasts, halved
- 2 teaspoon sun-dried tomato pesto
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus a little extra for brushing
- 2 red or yellow capsicums, cut into chunks
- 500g yellow or red vine tomatoes
- ⅓ cup pitted kalmata olives
- 4 slices sour dough bread, broken into chuncks
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 baby cos lettuces, torn
- ¼ cup fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Place chicken in a dish and brush with pesto and a little oil. Set aside.
- On an oven tray lined with baking paper, place capsicum, tomatoes, olives and bread. Drizzle over half the oil. Season with pepper. Toss to coat evenly. Cook for 25 minutes, turning halfway.
- Meanwhile, spray a pan or griddle with oil and set over a medium-high heat. Cook chicken for 5 minutes either side or until lightly golden and cooked through. Slice.
- In a small bowl, combine red wine vinegar and remaining oil. On a serving platter, place lettuce leaves and scatter over roasted vegetables and bread. Place sliced chicken on top. Drizzle over dressing and top with basil. Season with freshly ground black pepper and serve.
Although I’m not a qualified chef I do like to pretend I’m on Master Chef. I source the recipes from the stated source (not sauce) and make them taking the photo of the meal I produce for myself.