An easy meal that can be prepared ahead of time and then qwikly made just prior to dinner.
From: Allston, Darlene; 5pm Panic In (Apr 18) Healthy Food Guide
- 400g chicken breast fillets, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 red capsicum, thickly sliced
- 2 cups snow peas, trimmed and halved
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce plus extra to serve
- 2x 250g packets microwavable brown rice, heated as directed, to serve
- In a bowl, combine chicken, cumin, coriander, garlic, peanut oil and lemon juice. Stir to combine, then cover and chill for 10 minutes to marinate.
- Thread chicken onto soaked bamboo skewers*. Lightly spray a chargrilled pan or barbecue hotplate with oil and set over a medium heat. Cook skewers for 6-8 minutes, turning often, until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat, combine broccoli, capsicum, snow peas and 2 tablespoons water. Stir-fry for 3-4 minutes, or until veges are tender. Add sweet chilli sauce and stir to combine.
- Divide vegetables among 4 plates and top with chicken skewers. Serve with rice and drizzle with a little extra sweet chilli sauce, if desired.
* Soak wooden skewers in cold water for 30 minutes before using, to prevent them from burning.
When I made this snow peas weren’t available locally so I substituted fresh green beans.
Although I’m not a qualified chef I do like to pretend I’m on Master Chef. I source the recipes from the stated source (not sauce) and make them taking the photo of the meal I produce for myself.