Suzy Monds is this months ‘Client of the Month’. At the end of October she headed off overseas with an ambition goal of running the Polar Circle Marathon and Half Marathon, then a week later the New York Marathon. This is the second part of her story. Read the first part here:
Suzy Monds – Polar Circle Marathon
New York Marathon – November 2016
I arrived in New York straight from the extreme cold of minus 25 degrees in Greenland late on Friday night. Saturday was the day to get your registration and attend the huge sports expo attached to the marathon. WOW so big! An hour turned into 3 or was it 4 and quite an athlete’s dream place to shop, with lots of specials. My wallet was a lot lighter when I left I can tell you!!! Continue reading “Suzy Monds – New York Marathon”
Suzy Monds is this months ‘Client of the Month’. At the end of October she headed off overseas with an ambition goal of running the Polar Circle Marathon and Half Marathon, then a week later the New York Marathon. This is the first part of her story.
Polar Ice marathon – Arctic Circle, Greenland
The first thing that comes to mind when you read this heading is COLD! The second thing would be SNOW and you would be right. I have never been so cold in all my life and who in their right mind would run a marathon in the snow and ice at -25 degrees. Well me of course and yes 80% of the people I know said you are bloody mad and the other 20% said WOW! How cool, what an adventure. Continue reading “Suzy Monds – Polar Circle Marathon”
Each Sunday I’ll post my ‘best of’ list in a number of categories from the inter-webs. Other weeks can be found here. Click on the images to link through to the article. Continue reading “Best of the Internet for Endurance Athletes: 06 Nov 16”