A delicious and easy to prepare salad that gives great flavour and a good serving of protein.
From: Cameron-Lee, Megan (Dec 2015) 5pm Panic in: Healthy Food Guide
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 400g rump steak, trimmed of excess fat
- 200g rice or vermicelli noodles
- 300g coleslaw from a bag
- 250g bean sprouts
- 1 baby cos lettuce, shredded
- 4 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan set over a medium heat. Rub crushed garlic into steak and cook for 3-4 minutes each side, or until cooked to your liking. Remove steak from pan, cover loosely with foil to keep warm and set aside to rest.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles according to packet instructions. Drain and place in large salad bowl. Add coleslaw, bean sprouts and lettuce. Combine sweet chilli sauce, sesame oil, lime juice and 2 tablespoons hot water in a dish. Pour over salad and toss.
- Thinly slice beef. Divide noodle salad among 4 serving plates. Top salad with beef, drizzle with any remaining dressing and serve.
Although I’m not a qualified chef I do like to pretend I’m on Master Chef. I source the recipes from the stated source (not sauce) and make them taking the photo of the meal I produce for myself.
Share this post so your friends can benefit as well.
If you enjoyed this recipe here is one I published last year: