This meal provides quality Omega-3 fats and a healthy dose of quality carbohydrates. So much so this is often my pre-race dinner the night before events.
From: MacKenzie, Kristen; Gibbons, Megan; (2005) Fit Food For Winners Nestle NZ Ltd
- 4 medium kumara, peeled and cubed
- 2 tsp grated orange rind
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 4 salmon fillets
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp MAGGI Garlic Stock Powder
- olive or canola oil spray
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsn capers
- 425g can mangoes, drained and chopped
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tsp sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Boil kumara for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain. Mash with orange rind and juice.
- Sprinkle both sides of salmon with pepper and stock powder. Spray a non-stick frying pan with oil and heat. Add salmon and sear each side of fillets for 1 minute.
- Place salmon fillets on a large square of foil. Top with lemon juice and capers, then wrap foil to seal firmly. Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until fish is just cooked.
- To make salsa, place all salsa ingredients in a small bowl and mix to combine.
- To serve, place salmon fillets on kumara mash and top with mango salsa. Serve with steamed green beans.
Although I’m not a qualified chef I do like to pretend I’m on Master Chef. I source the recipes from the stated source (not sauce) and make them taking the photo of the meal I produce for myself.