This is a great recipe that is yummy, healthy and also diabetes friendly. It provides you with a good source of protein and also some great seasonal veges.
From: Freer, Chrissy; 5 Meals from 10 Ingredients In (Feb 17) Healthy Food Guide
- 500g kumara, peeled, cut into 2cm cubes
- 2 medium red capsicums, seeded, cut into 2cm strips
- 2 large courgettes, trimmed, cut into 1cm thick slices
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- oil spray
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2x 400g cans no-added-salt chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- 50g feta, crumbed
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper. Place kumara on one of the prepared trays, and place capsicum and courgette slices on second tray. Sprinkle both with 1 teaspoon of the cumin and spray lightly with olive oil. Roast kumara for 25 minutes, and capsicum and courgette for 15-20 minutes, or until all vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, whisk lemon juice and olive oil with remaining teaspoon of cumin in a large salad bowl. Add chickpeas, stir and set aside for 5 minutes to absorb flavours of the dressing.
- Add roast vegetables and spinach to the bowl and gently toss with chickpeas to combine. Divide salad among 4 serving plates, scatter with crumbed feta and serve.