Chef Ray: Lime and Chilli Chicken Miso Soup
This is a qwik and delicious meal or starter that can be prepared easily in a short amount of time.
From: Bezzant, Niki; It’s On The Table In (Aug 17) Healthy Food Guide
- 1 tablespoon miso paste (or 1 cup reduced-salt chicken stock)
- 1 tablespoon finely julienned fresh ginger
- ½ teaspoon chilli flakes
- 2 cups small broccoli florets
- 1 cup (140gm) cooked, shredded chicken
- 200g shelf-fresh udon noodles
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves or chopped silver beet
- 1 lime, halved
- hot sauce, to serve (optional)
- In a large pot over a high heat, combine miso paste and 3 cups water (if using stock add just 2 cups water) and stir. Add ginger, chilli and broccoli. Bring to a simmer.
- Add chicken and noodles and cook for 5 minutes. Add spinach leaves and cook until wilted. Remove from heat and add zest and juice from 1 half of the lime. Serve soup with hot sauce if using and extra lime on the side.
Although I’m not a qualified chef I do like to pretend I’m on Master Chef. I source the recipes from the stated source (not sauce) and make them taking the photo of the meal I produce for myself.