Chef Ray: Roasted Cauliflower Salad
This salad is qwik and simple to prepare and ensures that cauliflower is never boring.
From: Unkown Author (2018) The Low Carb Kitchen Heron Books
- 1 large head of cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 4 tbsps olive oil
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 tbsps dried oregano
- 3 tbsps balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- ¾ cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1 medium red onion
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 220°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Toss the cauliflower with the oil, turmeric and oregano. Spread the florets out evenly on the baking sheet and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 8 minutes, then remove the tray and turn the pieces over. Return to the oven for another 8 minutes.
- Sprinkle the vinegar over the cauliflower and bake for 7 minutes. Remove from the oven and let it cool.
- Dry fry the walnuts in a small frying pan over medium heat for 2 minutes until just starting to brown. Remove immediately from the pan and set aside.
- Toss together the cauliflower with the rest of the salad ingredients, including the olive oil.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.
Although I’m not a qualified chef I do like to pretend I’m on Master Chef. I source the recipes from the stated source (not sauce) and make them taking the photo of the meal I produce for myself.
Share this post so your friends can benefit as well.
If you enjoyed this recipe here is one I published last year: