With four of your 5+ vegetables a day included, these burgers are fresh and delicious.
Chilli Beef Burgers
- 500 g lean beef mince
- 1 onion
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp mixed dried herbs
- 2 Tbsp MAGGI Sweet Chilli Sauce plus extra to serve
- olive or canola oil spray
- 8 crusty bread rolls
- lettuce leaves torn
- 2 tomatoes sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled and sliced peeled and sliced
- beetroot slices
- Combine beef mince, onion, garlic, herbs and sweet chilli sauce. Shape into 8 patties and refrigerate, covered, for 15-30 minutes.
- Spray a non-stick frying pan with oil and cook beef patties over medium heat for 8 minutes. Turn and cook for 5 minutes more.
- Serve with bread rolls, lettuce, tomato, carrot, beetroot and extra sweet chilli sauce.
Although I’m not a qualified chef I do like to pretend I’m on Master Chef. I source the recipes from the stated source (not sauce) and make them taking the photo of the meal I produce for myself.
Share this post so your friends can benefit as well.
Grab my FREE eBook “Coach Ray’s Five Fav Foods” which has my five favourite recipes including my pre-race meal with quality carbs and healthy fats, my breakfast every day and other foods to fuel my training and racing. Click HERE to DOWNLOAD NOW.
If you enjoyed this recipe here is one I published previously:
For more great recipes like this get the Survival Around The World Recipe book.
Developed by the sports dieticians at the Australian Institute of Sport, this vividly illustrated recipe book provides healthful tips not only for traveling athletes but also for anyone who is interested in maintaining a healthy diet, whether at home or abroad. Advice on dining out, grocery shopping, and cooking in each region of the world is provided, along with internationally inspired recipes.