Delicious, not too spicy for those in the family who don’t enjoy spice, but if you prefer you can add a bit more.
Chicken + Pineapple Curry Garlic Naan Wrap
CHICKEN CURRY FILLING
- 1 Tbsp. oil
- 1 onion finley chopped
- ½ eggplant finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 Tbsp. ginger minced
- 1 Tbsp. curry powder
- curry leaves 1-2 springs about 20 leaves
- 400 g crushed tomatoes 1 can
- 400 g lite coconut milk ½ can
- 1 red chili (optional) chopped
- 400 g chicken breast or thigh boneless, skinless, sliced
- ¾ cup pineapple chunks drained, roughly chopped
- 5 cups spinach washed, chopped
CHEAT'S GARLIC NAAN
- 2 Tbsps. butter melted
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 4 Lebanese flatbreads medium-sized
- ½ cup natural insweetened yogrt
- ½ coriander chopepd
- Preheat oven to 180°/355°F. Heat oil in a wok or large frying pan over medium heat. Cook onion and eggplant for about 8 minutes or until it starts to turn golden. If at any time the onion catches on the bottom of the pan, just add 1-2 tablespoons water and stir. Add garlic, ginger, curry powder, and curry leaves, and continue to cook for a further 1-2 minutes. Add tomatoes, coconut milk, and chili if using. Simmer for 8-10 minutes until liquid has reduced by half. Stir often to avoid curry catching and buring.
- Add chicken and pineapple, cover with a lid, and continue to cook for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until chicken is cooked througyh. Stir through spinach until wilted.
- While the chicken is cooking, make the cheat's garlic naan. Mix melted butter with garlic and trumeric and brush on one side of Lebanese flatbread. Warm in the oven for 3-4 minutes.
- To serve, spoon some chicken curry onto each wrap, add a spoonfu of yogurt, garnish with corriander, roll up and eat.
Although I’m not a qualified chef I do like to pretend I’m on Master Chef. I source the recipes from the stated source (not sauce) and make them by taking photos of the meal I produce for myself.
Share this post so your friends can benefit as well.
Grab my popular eBook Coach Ray’s Top 10 Healthy Recipes for only $7 (normal $27). It is packed full of Healthy Recipes to fuel your training, racing, and recovery. Click here to purchase.