From: Thomas, Biju & Allen, Lim (2011) The Feed Zone Cookbook: Fast and Flavorful Food for Athletes Velo Press
- 1 cup cook and shredded chicken
- 2 cups loosely packed butter leaf lettuce, pulled into pieces
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced strawberries
- grated parmesan
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon white or apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon light olive oil
- a bit of fresh thyme
- To make the dressing: In a bowl, combine the lemon juice, honey, and vinegar. While whisking, drizzle in oil; add salt and pepper to taste.Fresh thyme is a great finishing touch. Place the shredded chicken in the dressing while you prepare the salad, about 5 minutes.
- Combine the lettuce, red onion, and strawberries in a medium-size serving bowl or individual plates. Place the chicken on top of the salad and drizzle with remaining dressing.
Add grated parmesan and salt and pepper to taste.