Chef Ray: Strawberry Chicken Salad
Healthy and nutritious.
From: Thomas, Biju & Allen, Lim (2011) The Feed Zone Cookbook: Fast and Flavorful Food for Athletes Velo Press
- 1 cup cook and shredded chicken
- 2 cups loosely packed butter leaf lettuce, pulled into pieces
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced strawberries
- grated parmesan
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon white or apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon light olive oil
- a bit of fresh thyme
- To make the dressing: In a bowl, combine the lemon juice, honey, and vinegar. While whisking, drizzle in oil; add salt and pepper to taste.Fresh thyme is a great finishing touch. Place the shredded chicken in the dressing while you prepare the salad, about 5 minutes.
- Combine the lettuce, red onion, and strawberries in a medium-size serving bowl or individual plates. Place the chicken on top of the salad and drizzle with remaining dressing.
Add grated parmesan and salt and pepper to taste.
Although I’m not a qualified chef I do like to pretend I’m on Master Chef. I source the recipes from the stated source (not sauce) and make them taking the photo of the meal I produce for myself.