Chef Ray: Dukkah-crumbed fish with rocket and parmesan salad and oven-baked chips
A lovely flavoursome way to serve fish.
From: Cameron-Lee, Megan (Apr 2016) 5pm Panic in Healthy Food Guide
- 4 tablespoons dukkah
- 600g firm white fish fillets (I used blue cod)
- 750g kumara, scrubbed, cut into thin wedges
- 8 cups rocket
- 1 large carrot, peeled into thin ribbons
- 4 table spoons parmesan cheese, shaved
- 1-2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C. Line two baking trays with baking paper and set aside.
- Place kumara wedges on a baking tray and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until wedges are golden.
- Meanwhile, place dukkah in a shallow dish and drop in fish fillets, one at a time, turning to coat. Remove and place fish on the second baking tray. Place in the oven when the wedges have been baking for about 25 minutes. Bake the fish for 10-15 minutes, or until just cooked.
- Place rocket, carrot and parmesan in a large bowl, drizzle with balsamic and toss to combine.
- Divide fish, chips and salad among four plates to serve
- Bake the wedges on a separate tray to the fish, as the fish releases moisture during cooking.
- Make it gluten free. Check dukkah is gluten free.
Although I’m not a qualified chef I do like to pretend I’m on Master Chef. I source the recipes from the stated source (not sauce) and make them taking the photo of the meal I produce for myself.