I wanted a qwik and simple meal to prepare for myself and my partner. Opening up the latest Healthy Food Guide this recipe jumped out and hit the spot perfectly.
Seared Smoked Paprika Lamb with Brown Rice and Beetroot Salad
- 4 medium beetroot (450g) peeled and cut into 2cm chunks
- oil spray
- 1 lemon juice
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 500 g lean lamb steaks
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 250 g 2x pouches Express Brown Rice and Quinoa
- 120 g baby spinach (3 cups)
- ½ cup walnuts roughly chopped
- 80 g feta
- Preheat oven to 200°C on fan bake. Lightly spray beetroot with oil and bake for 20 minutes until just soft.
- In a small saucepan bring the the lemon juice, vinegar and maple syrup to the boil. Simmer for 4-5 minutes before removing from the heat and adding 1 teaspoon of olive oil to form a thin dressing.
- Heat a large non-stick griddle pan or fry pan on a high heat. Coat lamb with paprika and sear for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your liking. Set aside to rest while preparing the salad.
- Cook rice following packet instructions. Lay spinach on a large serving dish and top with cooked rice and quinoa, beetroot, walnuts and crumbed feta. Dress with balsamic vinaigrette and serve salad alongside lamb.
Although I’m not a qualified chef I do like to pretend I’m on Master Chef. I source the recipes from the stated source (not sauce) and make them taking the photo of the meal I produce for myself.
Share this post so your friends can benefit as well.
Grab my popular eBook Coach Ray’s Top 10 Healthy Recipes for only $7 (normal $27). It is packed full of Healthy Recipes to fuel your training, racing and recovery. Click here to purchase.