This meal provides plenty of flavour as well as a good serving of carbohydrates and protein.
From: Thomas, Biju & Lim, Allen (2011) The Feedzone Cookbook – Fast and Flavorful Food for Athletes Velo Press
- 1kg of chicken, cut into bit size pieces
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup plain yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 cup sliced onions
- 1 teaspoon salt
- minced fresh ginger
- 2-4 green chillies, cut into strips
- Combine all ingredients (including optional ingredients, if desired) in a bowl. Marinate for at least 1 hour in the fridge.
- Heat oven to 190°C. Transfer chicken in marinade to a deep oven-proof dish; cover with foil. Bake until chicken is thoroughly cooked, about 1 hour. (Or if preparing on stove top, bring to a simmer and cook over medium heat for approximately 30 minutes.) Add salt and pepper to taste.
Garnish with chopped cilantro. Serve in bowl as a spicy stew or with steamed rice.
Although I’m not a qualified chef I do like to pretend I’m on Master Chef. I source the recipes from the stated source (not sauce) and make them taking the photo of the meal I produce for myself.
For more great recipes like this get the Feedzone Cookbook.
Chef Biju and Dr. Lim vetted countless meals with the world’s best endurance athletes in the most demanding test kitchens. In The Feed Zone Cookbook: Fast and Flavorful Food for Athletes, Thomas and Lim share their energy-packed, wholesome recipes to make meals easy to prepare, delicious to eat, and better for performance.
The Feed Zone Cookbook provides 150 delicious recipes that even the busiest athletes can prepare in less time than it takes to warm up for a workout. With simple recipes requiring just a handful of ingredients, Biju and Allen show how easy it is for athletes to prepare their own food, whether at home or on the go.
The Feed Zone Cookbook strikes the perfect balance between science and practice so that athletes will change the way they think about food, replacing highly processed food substitutes with real, nourishing foods that will satisfy every athlete’s cravings.
The Feed Zone Cookbook includes
- 150 delicious recipes illustrated with full-color photographs
- Breakfasts, lunches, recovery meals, dinners, snacks, desserts
- Dr. Allen Lim’s take on the science and practice of food
- Portable real food snacks, including Lim’s famous rice cakes
- Dozens of quick-prep meals for before and after workouts
- Shortcuts, substitutions, and techniques to save time in the kitchen
- Over 100 gluten-free and vegetarian alternatives to favorite dishes