Chef Ray: Mustard and Juniper Berry Salmon with Kumara Mash
This meal provides quality Omega-3 fats and a healthy dose of quality carbohydrates.
From: Jack, Amberleigh; Single Serve In (Oct 17) Healthy Food Guide
- 1 orange kumara, peeled and quartered
- 100g salmon fillet, skin and bones removed
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 8 juniper berries, chopped or crushed
- 1 lemon slice
- oil spray
- 1 large pinch paprika
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- cracked black pepper
- 1 cup small broccoli florets
- 1 cup bok choy or other leafy greens
- chilli flakes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Fill a medium saucepan with water and bring to the boil. Boil kumara until tender (about 8-10 minutes). Drain.
- Spread top of salmon with mustard and sprinkle with juniper berries. Place lemon slice on top. Wrap in tinfoil or baking paper, lightly greased with oil spray. Place in the centre of the oven and cook until salmon is pale pink on the outside and just cooked inside (about 8 minutes).
- While salmon is cooking fill the same saucepan with water and bring to the boil.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl place cooked kumara, paprika, lemon juice and pepper and mash well.
- Add broccoli to saucepan and boil for about 4 minutes until just tender. Add bok choy or other leafy greens and cook for a further 2 minutes. Drain and top with pepper and chill, if using.
- Serve salmon fillet with kumara mash and greens on the side.
Although I’m not a qualified chef I do like to pretend I’m on Master Chef. I source the recipes from the stated source (not sauce) and make them taking the photo of the meal I produce for myself.