Chef Ray: Mexican Baked Eggs with Tomatoes and Lentils
This is a delicious recipe that is healthy and easy to make in a hurry.
From: Unknown Author; It’s On The Table in (Oct 17) Healthy Food Guide
- oil spray
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 2 tablespoons Mexican Spice Mix
- 400g can of cherry tomatoes
- 390g can of lentils, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups of roughy chopped spinach leaves
- 4 eggs
- fresh coriander leaves, to garnish
- freshly ground black pepper, to garnish
- Tabasco or other hot sauce, to serve (optional)
- 2 slices toasted wholegrain bread (option)
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Spray an overproof pan with oil and set over a medium-high heat. Add spring onions, garlic and capsicum and cook, stirring for 5 minutes.
- Add spice mix and cook a further 1 minute. Add cherry tomatoes and lentils. Stir to combine and bring to a simmer. Cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Using a spoon, make four holes in the tomato mixture. Carefully crack one egg into each hole. Place pan into the oven and bake for 15 minutes, or until eggs are cooked.
- Serve eggs garnished with coriander, black pepper and hot sauce, if using, with bread on side.
Although I’m not a qualified chef I do like to pretend I’m on Master Chef. I source the recipes from the stated source (not sauce) and make them taking the photo of the meal I produce for myself.