This is yum with a little bit of a spicy bite.
Peri-Peri Chicken with Spanish-style Rice
- 125 gm 4x chicken breast fillets
- ½ cup peri-peri marinade
- 3 large courgettes thinly sliced lengthways
- 1 red onion finely chopped
- 2 large capsicums (1 red, 1 yellow) finely chopped
- 250 gm 2x pouch microwavable brown rice
- 2 tsp paprika
- ½ cup fresh coriander chopped
- Cut each chicken breast in half horizontally to form 2 small fillets. Place in a large bowl with marinade. Turn to coat. Set aside.
- Preheat a barbecue hotplate or spray a grill pan with olive oil and set over a high heat. Cook courgette for 1-2 minutes, or until charred and tender. Transfer to serving plates.
- Reheat barbecue or same grill pan over a medium-high heat. Cook chicken for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until browned and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, spray a medium non-stick frying pan with oil and set over a medium-high heat. Cook onion and capsicums, stirring, for 5 minutes, or until golden and tender. Add brown rice and paprika and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes, or until heated through. Stir in coriander. Serve chicken with rice and courgette.
Although I’m not a qualified chef I do like to pretend I’m on Master Chef. I source the recipes from the stated source (not sauce) and make them taking the photo of the meal I produce for myself.
Share this post so your friends can benefit as well.
Grab my popular eBook Coach Ray’s Top 10 Healthy Recipes for only $7 (normal $27). It is packed full of Healthy Recipes to fuel your training, racing and recovery. Click here to purchase.