A qwik, easy, flavoursome healthy meal.
From: Freer, Chrissy; Tray Magnifique In (Aug 17) Healthy Food Guide
- 600g skinless chicken thigh fillets, fat trimmed
- 75g frozen chopped spinach, thawed, squeezed of excess water
- ½ cup ricotta
- 2 tablespoons finely grated parmesan
- ¼ teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- cracked black pepper
- oil spray
- 2 large courgettes, cut into 1cm-thick rounds
- 250g cherry truss tomatoes, snipped from stem
- ¼ cup pitted kalmata olives
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 cups steamed wholemeal couscous
- 4 cups baby spinach, wilted, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Place 1 chicken fillet between 2 sheets of baking paper. Gently pound it with a rolling pin until abut 1 cm thick. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- In a medium bowl combine spinach, ricotta, parmesan and chilli flakes. Season with cracked black pepper. Place ¼ of the ricotta mixture along the centre of each piece of chicken. Roll up the chicken to enclose the filling. Secure with a string or tooth pick.
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and place over high heat. Cook the chicken, carefully turning, for 2-3 minutes or until golden. Transfer to the prepared tray. Add courgettes, tomatoes, olives and zest. Lightly spray with olive oil. Bake for 15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
- Serve with steamed couscous and wilted spinach.
Although I’m not a qualified chef I do like to pretend I’m on Master Chef. I source the recipes from the stated source (not sauce) and make them taking the photo of the meal I produce for myself.