Chef Ray: Almond and Quinoa with Thai Chicken
This is a great meal to fuel your body (or replace fuel used from a workout).
From: Moulds, Jess; 5pm Panic In (Nov 14) Healthy Food Guide
- 1 ¼ cups quinoa
- 4 skinless chicken thighs, sliced in strips
- 1 tablespoon mixed spice
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 70g sliced almonds
- ¾ cup dried apricots, finely diced
- 1 red capsicum, finely diced
- 1 orange, zest and juice
- 600g frozen green vegetables, steamed
- fresh mint, to garnish (optional)
- Cook quinoa following the packet directions. Coat chicken with mixed spice. Heat oil in frying pan and cook chicken over a medium heat for 5-7 minutes or until cooked through.
- Drain quinoa and toss with almonds, apricots, capsicum, orange zest and juice. Place chicken on top of quinoa and serve with greens. Garnish with fresh mint (if using).
Although I’m not a qualified chef I do like to pretend I’m on Master Chef. I source the recipes from the stated source (not sauce) and make them taking the photo of the meal I produce for myself.