This is a flavoursome meal that is packed full of nutrients. Having made this in the week prior to Christmas, I’ve made it again whilst out camping on my family holiday.
Grilled Herb & Paprika Chicken with Summer Vege Pasta
- 2-3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 4 tsp lightly dried basil or oregano or chopped fresh
- 1½ tsp smoked paprika
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 lemons juice and zest
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs halved
- 3 red or yellow capsicums halved
- 1 red onion quartered
- 8 spears of asparagus halved lengthways
- 300 g rzo or risoni pasta
- 1 small cucumber diced
- 3 spring onions sliced
- 1½ cups sweetcorn kernels
- 2-3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- black pepper
- 50 g crumbled feta to serve
- fresh basil or oregano to serve
- In a shallow non-metallic dish, combine garlic, herbs, paprika, and half of the oil, lemon zest and juice. Add chicken thighs and leave to marinate in the fridge for a minimum of 2 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 190°C. On a baking tray lined with baking paper, place capsicum and red onion. Bake for 25 minutes. Add asparagus and cook for a further 7-10 minutes. Remove vegetables and, when cooled enough to handle, peel capsicum and tear into chunks.
- Meanwhile, bring a pan of lightly salted water to the boil. Add pasta and cook for 5-7 minutes or until al dente. Drain, reserving a little of the pasta water. Transfer to a large serving bowl to cool.
- Strain the chicken, reserving the marinade. Heat a non-stick pan or griddle to medium. Cook chicken for 5-6 minutes, turning once, adding some of the reserved marinade halfway through. Set aside to cool.
- To the bowl of pasta, add cooled roasted vegetables, cucumber, spring onions and sweetcorn and mix well. In a small bowl, combine remaining oil with balsamic vinegar and remaining lemon zest and juice. Toss through pasta. Arrange chicken pieces over the top. Season with black pepper and sprinkle with feta and herbs. Cover and keep chilled until serving.
- The longer the chicken is marinated, the more intense the flavour will be.
- The pasta and vegetable salad part of this dish can be made in advance and kept chilled.
Although I’m not a qualified chef I do like to pretend I’m on Master Chef. I source the recipes from the stated source (not sauce) and make them taking the photo of the meal I produce for myself.
Share this post so your friends can benefit as well.
Grab my popular eBook Coach Ray’s Top 10 Healthy Recipes for only $7 (normal $27). It is packed full of Healthy Recipes to fuel your training, racing and recovery. Click here to purchase.