Chef Ray – Spiced Lamb Meatballs with Baked Cauliflower Salad
This meal is fresh and vibrant that has some tantalising flavours for your taste buds.
From: Macri, Liz; 5pm Panic In (Jun 18) Healthy Food Guide
- 1 small red onion
- 1 large cauliflower, cut into small florets, thinly sliced
- 500g lean lamb mince
- 2 tablespoons za’atar spice mix
- 1 cup wholemeal coucous
- ½ cup chopped fresh mint leaves, plus extra to serve
- 1½ cups (200g) green beans, halves lengthways
- ½ cup reduced-fat Greek-style yoghurt
- Preheat oven to 210°C. Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper. Cut half of the onion into thin wedges. Divide onion wedges and cauliflower florets between the tray. Spray with olive oil and bake for 20 minutes, or until golden and tender.
- Meanwhile, into a bowl, grate the remaining onion. Add the mince and spice mix and combine well. Roll level tablespoons of mince mixture into balls. heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high. Cook the meatballs in batches, turning, for 5-7 minutes or until browned and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in a heatproof bowl, place couscous and add 1 cup of boiling water. Cover and stand for 5 minutes. Separate couscous grains with a fork and stir in chopped mint.
- Boil or steam the beans until just tender. Combine baked cauliflower and onion with beans. Serve lamb on couscous with cauliflower salad. Top with yoghurt and scatter with extra mint leaves.
Although I’m not a qualified chef I do like to pretend I’m on Master Chef. I source the recipes from the stated source (not sauce) and make them taking the photo of the meal I produce for myself.
Share this post so your friends can benefit as well.
If you enjoyed this recipe here is one I published a couple of years ago: