This is a windtrainer session that is great for a developing your threshold power or intensity. This workout is perfect for triathletes, mountain bikers and road cyclists too.
Each Wednesday I’ll post a Wind Trainer session that you can do in about 60 minutes to enhance your cycling. See a previous post about training intensity (Levels) to know how hard to work. If you are working directly with me as your coach I will in most cases prescribe either a Power Zone or Heart Rate Zone to work within if you are training with these tools.
220’s Tank Emptier
- 10min Level II WU;
- 1min Level V, 4min Level II RI;
- 2min Level V, 3min Level II RI;
- 3min Level V, 2min Level II RI;
- 4min Level V, 1min Level II RI;
- 10min Level II CD;
- 10min Stretching
The Warm Up (WU) should be done at an intensity that is steady but not over consuming at Level II for ten minutes.
The Main Body of this work out consists of two sets, with four different reps. Start the set with one minute riding hard at Level V then ease off and ride easy at Level II for four minutes for your Rest Interval (RI). The second rep is two minutes long at Level V, with three minutes at Level II Rest Interval (RI). The next rep is three minutes long at Level V, followed by two minutes at Level II for your Rest Interval (RI). The final rep of the set is four minutes long at Level V, followed by only one minute Rest Interval (RI) at Level II before you commence the second set.
The Cool Down (CD) is at a low intensity (Level II) for a minimum of ten minutes.
Finish with 10 minutes stretching to assist with the recovery.
If you would like further advice feel free to contact me.
I am the Head Coach & Director of Qwik Kiwi – Endurance Sports Consultant.
I specialise in assisting first timers and recreational athletes to achieve their sporting goals. I can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org and 021 348 729.
Join over 2,843 people who have already signed up to be kept up to date with great workouts and training information in my informative newsletter.
Share this post so your friends can benefit as well.
If you enjoyed this workout, here is a similar session I published last year.
I am launching a new coaching service in the coming weeks and am now offering Foundation Memberships at the lowest price that they will ever be offered for. You will gain access to ALL my training plans. The Foundation Membership is only offered whilst I build the site out and get my training plans built into the site. Join now for only $47 and gain access to Training Plans for beginner and recreational athletes:
- All distances of Triathlon (including both Ironman and Ironman 70.3);
- Full and Half Marathon’s, 5km & 10km running events;
- Century and 40km TT cycle events;
- Mountain Biking events and tours;
- Swim training plans;
- Strength training; and
- Getting started with both swimming and running.
If the programme you are after isn’t yet built into the site, let me know which one you are after and I will ensure that is the next plan built into the site for you.
Normally I charge NZ$500 per month for my coaching but you’ll get the advantage of :
- A dedicated training plan on Training Tilt (value $500)
- Access to a fortnightly group coaching call (value $30 per call x2 = $60)
- The event Training Bible (value $37 for each event plan)
- Access to my popular Top 10 Healthy RecipeseBook ($27)
- Access to my popular 7 Secrets of Endurance Training Success eBook ($17)
- The dedicated Coach Ray / Qwik Kiwi Coaching support group (priceless)
That’s a total value of over $641, and you will only pay $67 per month. All at no risk, if you don’t get faster in the first 30 days you get a full 100% money back guarantee.
This price will be grandfathered for you at the low price for as long as you remain a member.