Chef Ray: Thai Lamb & Rice Noodle Salad
BBQ flavours mixed with Asian spiciness combine in this salad that is packed full of freshness and flavour.
From: Sunderland, Tracey (Jan 2013) in: BBQ Crowd-Pleasers Healthy Food Guide
- 150g rice stick noodles
- 4x 125g lamb leg steaks or lamb loins
- 50g red Thai curry paste
- 3 different-coloured capsicums, cut into wedges
- oil spray
- 1 cos lettuce, washed, leaves separated
- 2x 300g cherry tomatoes, some cut in half
- 1 telegraph cucumber, sliced thickly
- 1 large red onion, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon liquid honey, warmed
- 2 tablespoons lime or lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- ¼ cup chopped fresh mint
- Cook rice noodles in boiling salted water for 6 minutes. Drain and refresh in cold water. Drain again and dry off with a tea towel or paper towel before using. Place lamb in dish and cover with curry paste. Leave to infuse while cooking vegetables.
- Spray capsicums lightly with oil then transfer to open grill. Turn to ensure even cooking. Remove after 2-3 minutes whilst still firm but seared. Brown lamb: first spray hot barbecue plate with oil, add lamb and cook each side for 3 minutes. Remove, cover with tinfoil and rest for 2 minutes.
- Line a long platter with cos leaves. layer rice noodles over the base. Scatter over tomatoes, cucumber, grilled capsicums and red onions. Slice lamb into thick slices and pile on top.
- Combine honey, lime juice, oil and whisk well. Pour dressing over salad and top with mint.
Although I’m not a qualified chef I do like to pretend I’m on Master Chef. I source the recipes from the stated source (not sauce) and make them taking the photo of the meal I produce for myself.
Share this post so your friends can benefit as well.
If you enjoyed this recipe here is one I published last year: