Pork is a great ingredient because it cooks fast and remains tender. This green chilli goes well with rice or flat breads.
Pork Green Chilli
- ¼ cup gluten-free flour (rice/potato/corn)
- 2 pounds (1kg) pork cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1 onion chopped
- 2-4 chillies (such as anaheim's or jalapenos) chopped
- 2 cups potatoes cubed (skin left on if for post-ride)
- 2 Tbsp chilli powder
- stock or water
- 1 cup canned red beans rinsed
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- Heat a large stock pot to medium-high with enough oil to cover the bottom. While the pot is heating, mix flour with a dash each of salt and pepper, then toss pork pieces in flour mixture, coating all sides.
- Add pork to pot and stir gently to sear all sides. Add the onions, chillies, potatoes, and chilli powder; stir. Pour enough water or stock in the pot to completely cover the vegetables and pork. Add any optional ingredients also at this point.
- Bring to a boil, then turn heat down to a simmer. Cook at a simmer, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender and pork has cooked, about 20-30 minutes. Add beans, stir, and adjust flavour with salt and pepper.
Top with chopped cilantro (coriander), more chopped chillies and plain yoghurt.
Although I’m not a qualified chef I do like to pretend I’m on Master Chef. I source the recipes from the stated source (not sauce) and make them taking the photo of the meal I produce for myself.
Share this post so your friends can benefit as well.
Grab my popular eBook Coach Ray’s Top 10 Healthy Recipes for only $7 (normal $27). It is packed full of Healthy Recipes to fuel your training, racing and recovery. Click here to purchase.
If you enjoyed this recipe here is one I published a year ago:
For more great recipes like this get the Feedzone Cookbook.
Chef Biju and Dr. Lim vetted countless meals with the world’s best endurance athletes in the most demanding test kitchens. In The Feed Zone Cookbook: Fast and Flavorful Food for Athletes, Thomas and Lim share their energy-packed, wholesome recipes to make meals easy to prepare, delicious to eat, and better for performance.
The Feed Zone Cookbook provides 150 delicious recipes that even the busiest athletes can prepare in less time than it takes to warm up for a workout. With simple recipes requiring just a handful of ingredients, Biju and Allen show how easy it is for athletes to prepare their own food, whether at home or on the go.
The Feed Zone Cookbook strikes the perfect balance between science and practice so that athletes will change the way they think about food, replacing highly processed food substitutes with real, nourishing foods that will satisfy every athlete’s cravings.
The Feed Zone Cookbook includes
- 150 delicious recipes illustrated with full-color photographs
- Breakfasts, lunches, recovery meals, dinners, snacks, desserts
- Dr. Allen Lim’s take on the science and practice of food
- Portable real food snacks, including Lim’s famous rice cakes
- Dozens of quick-prep meals for before and after workouts
- Shortcuts, substitutions, and techniques to save time in the kitchen
- Over 100 gluten-free and vegetarian alternatives to favorite dishes