Threshold Intervals are a great way to develop your kayaking fitness. This session is great for building your threshold capability and is very time efficient if you have little time to be on the water. This session is perfect for someone training for the Coast to Coast.
Each Tuesday I will be posting the Tuesday Kayak session that you can do to enhance your running. See a previous post about training intensity (levels) to know how hard to work.
4x 8min Threshold Intervals
- 10min WU Level II;
- 4x 8min Level IV, 2min Level II RI;
- 10min CD Level II;
- 10min Stretching
As this is a fitness session you will get a great benefit for your fitness by doing this on flat water. Which is different aim from skill development which you will get from practising in white water or on the course.
The warm up should be done at an intensity that is steady but not over consuming at Level II for ten minutes.
The main set is made up of four reps at Level IV of eight minutes duration. Between each rep paddle gently at Level II for two minutes.
The Cool Down (CD) is at a low intensity, paddling (Level II) for a minimum of ten minutes.
Finish with 10 minutes stretching to assist with the recovery.
If you would like further advice feel free to contact me.
Further Kayak training sessions can be found here:
I am the Head Coach & Director of Qwik Kiwi – Endurance Sports Consultant.
I specialise in assisting first timers and recreational athletes to achieve their sporting goals. I can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org and 021 348 729.
Join over 1,887 people who have already signed up to be kept up to date with great workouts and training information in my informative newsletter.
Share this post so your friends can benefit as well.
I am launching a new coaching service in the coming weeks and am now offering Foundation Memberships at the lowest price that they will ever be offered for. You will gain access to ALL my training plans. The Foundation Membership is only offered whilst I build the site out and get my training plans built into the site. Join now for only $47 and gain access to Training Plans for beginner and recreational athletes:
- Coast to Coast;
- Other Multisport and Adenture Races;
- All distances of Triathlon (including both Ironman and Ironman 70.3);
- Full and Half Marathon’s, 5km & 10km running events;
- Century and 40km TT cycle events;
- Mountain Biking events and tours;
- Swim training plans;
- Strength training; and
- Getting started with both swimming and running.
If the programme you are after isn’t yet built into the site, let me know which one you are after and I will ensure that is the next plan built into the site for you.
Normally I charge $500/month for my coaching but you’ll get the advantage of
- A dedicated training plan on Training Tilt (value $500)
- Access to a fortnightly group coaching call (value $30 per call x2 = $60)
- The event Training Bible (value $37 for each event plan)
- Access to my popular Top 10 Healthy RecipeseBook ($41)
- Access to a range of my popular eBooks (total value $114)
- The dedicated Coach Ray / Qwik Kiwi Coaching support group (priceless)
- Garmin .FIT files for all run and bike workouts (cherished by Garmin users)
- Zwift .ZWO files for all bike workouts (worth it’s weight in gold for Zwift users)
That’s a total value of over $510, and you will only pay $47 per month, saving you over $463. All at no risk, if you don’t get faster in the first 30 days you get a full 100% money back guarantee.
This price will be grandfathered for you at the low price for as long as you remain a member.