Chef Ray – Sesame Soy Chicken with Lentils
The flavours from the marinade shine through with this meal.
From: Johnston, Rebecca; (2015) In: 5pm Panic 100+ Quick and Easy Meals Volume TWO Healthy Life Media
- 600g chicken breast, excess fat removed, sliced
- ¼ cup salt-reduced soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- oil spray
- 400g packet Wattie’s Wok Creations Malaysian Style Vegetables
- 400g can lentils in spring water, drained, rinsed
- 4 cups silver beet or Chinese greens, shredded
- 3 cups cooked black rice
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- In a small bowl combine chicken with soy sauce and ginger marinade. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Spray a non-stick frying pan with oil then heat. When hot, add chicken (minus marinade) and packet vegetables. Stir-fry until cooked. Add remaining marinade and lentils. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Fold through silver beet with rice. Divide among 4 bowls and sprinkle with sesame seeds to serve.
Although I’m not a qualified chef I do like to pretend I’m on Master Chef. I source the recipes from the stated source (not sauce) and make them taking the photo of the meal I produce for myself.
Grab my popular eBook Coach Ray’s Top 10 Healthy Recipes for only $7 (normal $27). It is packed full of Healthy Recipes to fuel your training, racing and recovery.
If you enjoyed this recipe here is one I published previously: