Chef Ray – Lamb Steaks with Beetroot Relish
The beetroot combines with the traditional flavours of lamb nicely for this delicious recipe.
From: Turnbull, Claire (2009) Fit Food Fast Random House New Zealand
- 410g can baby beetroot, drained
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 4 lamb steaks
- 2 tbsp reduced fat unsweetened yoghurt
- 1 tsp MAGGI Garlic Stock Powder
- Preheat grill.
- Drain beetroot, reserved the liquid, and cut beetroot into quarters (coat hands in a little oil before handling the beetroot to prevent staining).
- Heat oil in a frying pan and add onion and cumin seeds. Cook for 5 minutes until soft. Add beetroot and reserved juice and simmer until thick.
- While beetroot is simmering, grill the lamb for 5 minutes on each side until cooked through. Serve with hot beetroot relish and a dollop of yoghurt mixed with MAGGI Garlic Stock Powder.
Although I’m not a qualified chef I do like to pretend I’m on Master Chef. I source the recipes from the stated source (not sauce) and make them taking the photo of the meal I produce for myself.
Grab my popular eBook Coach Ray’s Top 10 Healthy Recipes for only $7 (normal $27). It is packed full of Healthy Recipes to fuel your training, racing and recovery.
If you enjoyed this recipe here is one I published previously:
For more great recipes like this get Pete Evan’s Easy Keto Cookbook.
The ketogenic diet – a style of eating that is low in carbs and rich in healthy fats – is a powerful way to transform your health, lose weight and find relief from common health problems. In this practical, one-stop guide, Pete Evans gives you the essential information you’ll need to transition to this way of eating, including:
* The benefits of a keto diet
* Guidelines on carbohydrates found in common foods
* Eating, shopping and pantry tips
* More than 70 simple and delicious recipes
As always, Pete’s recipes are quick, easy to make and full of bright, fresh flavours.
Easy Keto is for anyone interested in this way of eating who is unsure of how to get started. With some basic guidelines it has never been simpler or more enticing to reclaim your health and go keto!