Caeser salad is great but the mayo provides a large amount of calories, this is perfect if you are trying to cut down on extra calories/kiloJoules. Healthy AND awesome.
Healthier High-Protein Chicken Caeser Salad
- 1 chicken leg skin on or skinless as preferred
- 150 g silken tofu cubed
- 4 anchovies
- 20 g grated Parmesan
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 lemon
- 1 slice of sourdough bread
- 1 egg
- 1 Cos lettuce torn into pieces
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 180°C/355°F.
- Bring a small pan of salted water to the boil and add the chicken leg. Simmer gently for 15-20 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat, but leave the chicken to cool in the water for 10 minutes.
- Make the dressing. Add the tofu, anchovies, Parmesan and half the garlic clove to a food processor. Squeeze in a little lemon juice and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Rub the other half of the garlic clove over both sides of the sourdough bread. Place directly on an oven shelf and bake until toasted and crisp – about 5-7 minutes.
- Bring a small pan of water to the boil, add the egg and simmer for 7 minutes. Remove from the water and hold under cold running water. Peel the egg and cut in half.
- Remove the chicken from the water. Pull the flesh (and skin, if using) from the bone and tear it into pieces. Discard the bone.
- Take the sourdough out of the oven and cut it into small squares.
- To assemble, put the lettuce, chicken, croutons and halved egg on a plate. Drizzle over the dressing, add pepper, and serve.
Although I’m not a qualified chef I do like to pretend I’m on Master Chef. I source the recipes from the stated source (not sauce) and make them taking the photo of the meal I produce for myself.
For more recipes like this one, get Tyrone Brennand’s book, Be The Fittest:
Grab my popular eBook Coach Ray’s Top 10 Healthy Recipes for only $7 (normal $27). It is packed full of Healthy Recipes to fuel your training, racing and recovery.
If you enjoyed this recipe here is one I published previously: