BOOM 💥 this hit the spot for lunch. Qwik and easy to prepare and tasted great to boot.
- 2 large tomatoes chopped
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 2-3 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley or basil
- 1 medium red capsicum chopped
- 1 Lebanese cucumber chopped
- 1 small red onion finely chopped (optional)
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- cracked black pepper
- 1 small avocado
- 4 slices of seeded sourdough or wholegrain bread
- ½ cup refried beans
- In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, garlic, herbs, capsicum, cucumber, onion, if using, and lemon zest. Season with pepper, sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and mix well to coat.
- Divide mixture between 2 plastic containers. Seal with an airtight lid and refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to eat at work, dice avocado and add to mix. Toast bread in toaster or preheated grill. Spread toast with refried beans. Top with bruschetta mix and serve.
Although I’m not a qualified chef I do like to pretend I’m on Master Chef. I source the recipes from the stated source (not sauce) and make them taking the photo of the meal I produce for myself.
Grab my popular eBook Coach Ray’s Top 10 Healthy Recipes for only $7 (normal $27). It is packed full of Healthy Recipes to fuel your training, racing and recovery.
If you enjoyed this recipe here is one I published previously: