Qwik and easy to prepare, this is a flavoursome and delicious meal.
Chicken and Broccoli Cheesy Pasta Bake
- 350 g pasta shapes such as bows
- 3 cups chopped (250g) broccoli cut into small pieces
- olive oil spray
- 400 g lean chicken breast chopped
- 200 g brown capped mushrooms (3 cups) sliced
- 2-3 Tbsp sun-dried tomato pesto
- 80 very low-fat soft cheese spread with garlic and herbs (I use Philadelphia Extra Light)
- ½ cup light evaporated milk
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 400 g chopped tomatoes
- 75 g reduced-fat grated cheese
- 50 g flaked almonds
- Adding pasta to a large pan of boiling water and cook for 5 minutes. Add broccoli and cook for 3-4 more minutes. Drain, return to the pan and remove from heat. Lightly grease a large ovenproof dish.
- Spray a non-stick pan with oil and cook chicken until lightly browned. Add mushrooms with a little more spray and cook for a few more minutes.
- Add pesto, soft cheese and milk. Heat through, stirring. Pour sauce over pasta. Add spinach and chopped tomatoes. Spoon into ovenproof dish. Sprinkle with cheese and almonds. Bake for 20-25 minutes and garnish with chopped fresh herbs if you prefer.
Although I’m not a qualified chef I do like to pretend I’m on Master Chef. I source the recipes from the stated source (not sauce) and make them taking the photo of the meal I produce for myself.
Grab my popular eBook Coach Ray’s Top 10 Healthy Recipes for only $7 (normal $27). It is packed full of Healthy Recipes to fuel your training, racing and recovery.
If you enjoyed this recipe here is one I published previously: