Chef Ray: Black Almond Fudge
With the sweetness provided by dates with no processed sugar, this fudge is a the perfect treat.
From: Dixon, Jeremy (2013)The Revive Cafe Cookbook 3
- 1 cup of dates
- 1 cup of boiling water
- 1x 400g can (2 cups) black beans
- 1 ripe banana
- ½ cup carob powder
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup ground almonds
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 tablespoons honey
- ½ cup slithered almonds
- 1 teaspoon fresh chilli or chilli flakes
- Soak the dates in the boiling water for around 5 minutes to soften. Drain.
- Put all ingredients (except slivered almonds) into food processor and blend until a thick lump bounces around the machine.
- Chilli goes well with chocolate so add some if you like a little heat.
- Add the slivered almonds to the mix but do not blend.
- Choose a baking tray around 15x25cm (6x10in). Line with baking paper and spoon in the mixture. Flatten with a spoon.
- Bake at 180°C (350°F) for 30 minutes.
- Cut into squares using a sharp knife.
You may need to add more oats or a little water to get the right consistency or if the food processor is having difficulties.
Although I’m not a qualified chef I do like to pretend I’m on Master Chef. I source the recipes from the stated source (not sauce) and make them taking the photo of the meal I produce for myself.