These were surprisingly easy to make. Healthy and delicious, great for school and work lunches.
Thai Spring Rolls
- 100 g thin rice noodles (vermicelli)
- 1 Tbsp ginger or ginger puree finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped or crushed
- 1 cup carrots cut into matchsticks (around 1 carrot)
- 1½ cups onions finely sliced (about 1 onion)
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 2 cups white (green) cabbage thinly slice
- 300 g firm tofu crumbled
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp honey or date puree
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- 2 Tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- ½ cup coriander (cilantro)
- 1 cup mung bean sprouts
- 6 large wholemeal burritos or tortillas
- oil for brushing
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
- coriander (cilantro) garnish
- sweet chilli sauce garnish
- In a pot stand the rice noodles with boiling water until they are soft. Usually takes around 2-5 minutes, however you are best to check the instructions on your noodles. Drain and set aside.
- In a different pan saute the ginger, garlic, carrots, onion and oil for around 5 minutes or until they start to soften.
- Add the cabbage and tofu and cook for another 5 minutes or until cabbage is wilted.
- Add the salt, honey, soy sauce, sweet chilli sauce and noodles and stir together.
- Add the coriander and sprouts and stir together.
- Place 1 cup of the mixture in the middle of a burrito. Bring sides in first and then wrap. Place on a baking tray lined with paper. Repeat for all 6 wraps.
- Brush with a little oil and sprinkle the sesame seeds on top for garnish.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 180°C (350°F) or until crisp and heated through.
Although I’m not a qualified chef I do like to pretend I’m on Master Chef. I source the recipes from the stated source (not sauce) and make them taking the photo of the meal I produce for myself.
Share this post so your friends can benefit as well.
Grab my popular eBook Coach Ray’s Top 10 Healthy Recipes for only $7 (normal $27). It is packed full of Healthy Recipes to fuel your training, racing and recovery. Click here to purchase.
If you enjoyed this recipe here is one I published a couple of years ago:
For more great recipes like this get the Revive Cafe Cookbook 3.
The founder of Revive Cafes now reveals some of Revive’s secret recipes. Jeremy has a passion to share with others how to add vitality to their lives through his cafes, inspiring weekly e-mails, cooking demonstrations and now his cookbooks. His career has included ten years as a cereal marketer and over six years running Revive.