This has a subtle flavour difference from traditional sauce that is delicious and goes well with both pork and chicken.
From: Evans, Pete; (2014) Family Food Pan Macmillan Australia Pty Limited
- 1½ tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 granny smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1½ tablespoons honey (optional)
- pinch of ground cinnamon
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- Melt the coconut oil in a frying pan over low heat. Add the apple and cook for 10 minutes. Stir in the honey (if using), cinnamon and garlic, cover and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the apple is soft. Puree the apple mixture in a blender or food processor. Cool.
Although I’m not a qualified chef I do like to pretend I’m on Master Chef. I source the recipes from the stated source (not sauce) and make them taking the photo of the meal I produce for myself.
Share this post so your friends can benefit as well.
If you enjoyed this recipe here is one I published 2 years ago:
For more great recipes like this get Pete Evan’s Family Food book.