Chef Ray: Baked Fish with Beetroot and Mint Salsa
Qwik and simple to make, flavoursome to boot.
From: Macri, Liz (Sep 2016) in: Single Serve Healthy Food Guide
- 1 frozen hoki fillet (around 110g)
- 1/3 cup reduced-salt chicken stock
- 1/3 cup wholemeal couscous
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint leaves, plus extra to garnish
- 2/3 cups diced cooked or canned beetroot
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons crumbed reduced-fat ricotta
- 1 cup baby rocket
- Cook frozen hoki fillet according to packet instructions.
- Meanwhile heat stock to a simmer, add couscous, cover and set aside for 3-4 minutes before adding lemon zest and half the mint and fluffing grains with a fork.
- Place diced beetroot, spring onion, remaining mint, lemon juice and olive oil in a medium bowl to make salsa; stir to combine.
- Put hoki and couscous on a plate. Spoon beetroot salsa onto fish; scatter with crumbed ricotta, garnish with mint leaves and serve with rocket.
Although I’m not a qualified chef I do like to pretend I’m on Master Chef. I source the recipes from the stated source (not sauce) and make them taking the photo of the meal I produce for myself.
Share this post so your friends can benefit as well.
If you enjoyed this recipe here is one I published last year: