Chef Ray – Kimchi Buckwheat Bowl
Fresh, vibrant and flavoursome and packed full of vitamins.
From: Bridgeford, Jo; Vegan Poke Bowls In (Oct 18) Healthy Food Guide
- 1 cup toasted buckwheat groats
- 1 cup shelled edamame beans
- 2 radishes, very finely sliced
- 1 cup mung bean sprouts
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, sliced into ribbons
- 1 avocado, sliced
- ¼ cup chilli vegannaise (¼ cup vegan mayonnaise plus ½ teaspoon chilli flakes)
- 1 cup kimchi
- 1 sheet nori, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- handfull fresh coriander leaves, to serve
- sriracha (optional)
- Rinse and drain the buckwheat well. In a saucepan, cover buckwheat with 4 cups water and a pinch of salt. Bring to the boil then reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Thoroughly rinse and drain cooked buckwheat and divide among 4 bowls. Arrange edamame, radish, bean sprouts, cucumber and avocado over the buckwheat. Drizzle with vegannaise and top with kimchi, nori, sesame sees and coriander.
- Drizzle with sriracha or shoyu sauce, if desired.
Although I’m not a qualified chef I do like to pretend I’m on Master Chef. I source the recipes from the stated source (not sauce) and make them taking the photo of the meal I produce for myself.
Share this post so your friends can benefit as well.
If you enjoyed this recipe here is one I published six months ago: