Chef Ray: Chocolate Mousse
This is a delicious dessert, made with plenty of healthy fats you will be tempted to have more than one serving.
- 50g 85% dark chocolate
- 1/3 cup cream
- 2 egg yolks
- ½ cup cream
- 10g 85% dark chocolate, shaved into curls
- 2 tablespoons berries, defrosted if frozen
- Add the finely grated zest of ½-1 orange
- Add a dash of vanilla for a traditional flavour
- For something a little different, add 1-2 star anise or ½ tsp peppercorns. The amount you’ll use will depend on your personal preferences – experiment until you’ve got it just right.
- Chop the chocolate into smallish chunks and place in a heat-proof bowl. Set a metallic sieve over the bowl and keep to one side.
- Place the first measure of cream (1/3 cup) and any special flavour (see the variations) in a small, heavy based pot and bring slowly to the boil over a medium heat. Watch it carefully, as cream often boils over suddenly.
- When the cream is boiling, take it off the heat, immediately whisk in the egg yolks and pour the hot cream mix through the sieve into the chocolate bowl. Cover with a plate and allow to melt for 5 minutes before whisking until smooth and incorporated. Allow the chocolate mixture to cool completely.
- Whip the second measure of cream (½ cup), add to the cooled chocolate mixture and fold it through. Divide the mixture between small serving dishes or glasses, cover and place in the fridge to set.
- Serve with chocolate curls and berries.
Although I’m not a qualified chef I do like to pretend I’m on Master Chef. I source the recipes from the stated source (not sauce) and make them taking the photo of the meal I produce for myself.
Share this post so your friends can benefit as well.
If you enjoyed this recipe here is one I published a year ago:
For more great recipes like this get the What The Fat? Recipes book.
The team behind the bestselling What the Fat? How to live the ultimate low-carb, HEALTHY- Fat lifestyle have also created a much-anticipated family recipe book. Designed to make following a LCHF lifestyle simple, enjoyable and nourishing, What the Fat? Cookbook brings together the authors’ go-to, easy, delicious, nutritious, keto-friendly LCHF recipes that are good for all the family. Embracing unique cultural flavours from across the globe and tried-and-trusted household staples, this comprehensive collection of over 130 gluten-free recipes has all your LCHF meals covered. Broken into breakfasts, lunches, dinners, snacks, sweets and drinks – and even children’s party treats – each recipe includes per serve nutritional information for carbs, protein, fat and energy as well as dietary guidelines for dairy-free and vegetarian options.