Chef Ray – Vegetable and Ricotta Fritters with Capsicum Salsa
Qwik to whip up, these are nutritious and taste great with a nice soft texture.
From: Bezzant, Niki; in Ready In 20 Minutes Or Less! (2018) Healthy Life Media
- ½ red capsicum, finely diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- chilli flakes to taste (optional)
- 1 courgette, grated
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- ¼ cup ricotta
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons flour
- pinch salt
- black pepper to taste
- spray oil
- 2 tablespoons low-fat plain yoghurt, to serve
- In a small bowl, combine the first 5 ingredients. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine courgette, carrot, spring onion, ricotta, egg, flour, salt and pepper.
- Spray a pan with oil and set over medium-high heat. In batches, cook fritters till golden, about 3-4 minutes each side. Serve with salsa and yoghurt.
Although I’m not a qualified chef I do like to pretend I’m on Master Chef. I source the recipes from the stated source (not sauce) and make them taking the photo of the meal I produce for myself.
Grab my popular eBook Coach Ray’s Top 10 Healthy Recipes for only $7 (normal $27). It is packed full of Healthy Recipes to fuel your training, racing and recovery.
If you enjoyed this recipe here is one I published previously: