Chef Ray: Miso Grilled Chicken Rice Bowl with Avocado
Fresh and flavoursome, this is a dish to enjoy.
From: Delicado Avocados (Dec 2020) 5pm Panic in: Australian Healthy Food Guide
- ¼ cup miso paste
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons grated ginger
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 4 chicken thigh fillets
- 1 sheet nori, cut into 4 strips
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- ¼ cup roasted cashews, chopped
- 6 radishes, finely sliced
- 1 cup edamame, blanched
- 1 ripe avocado, cut into wedges, lengthways
- Baby coriander, to serve
- Preheat BBQ or grill plate over high heat. Combine miso, maple, oil, sesame and ginger in a bowl.
- To make miso dressing, remove half of the mixture and combine with lime juice. Set aside.
- Add chicken to bowl with rest of miso mixture. leave to marinate for 20 minutes. Grill chicken for 3-4 minutes each side. Allow to cool slightly before slicing.
- Line four bowls with a nori strip. Top with brown rice, the sliced chicken, cashews, radish, edamame and avocado wedges. Drizzle with miso dressing and top with baby coriander to serve.
Although I’m not a qualified chef I do like to pretend I’m on Master Chef. I source the recipes from the stated source (not sauce) and make them taking the photo of the meal I produce for myself.
Grab my popular eBook Coach Ray’s Top 10 Healthy Recipes for only $7 (normal $27). It is packed full of Healthy Recipes to fuel your training, racing and recovery.
If you enjoyed this recipe here is one I published previously: