Chef Ray – Tandoori Chicken Burgers
Qwik and delicious, I made these qwikly one evening after an FTP test.
From: Cameron-Lee, Megan in Ready In 20 Minutes Or Less! (2018) Healthy Life Media
- 2 tablespoons tandoori paste
- ¼ cup reduced-fat Greek-style yoghurt, plus ½ cup extra
- 8 chicken tenderloins (500g)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 4 medium wholegrain rolls, halved
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 medium Lebanese cucumber, peeled into ribbons
- 6 cups mixed salad leaves, to serve
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup balsamic vinaigrette (two parts balsamic vinegar, one part olive oil)
- fresh coriander, to serve (optional)
- In a medium non-metallic bowl, combine tandoori paste and ¼ cup of the yoghurt. Add chicken and toss to coat.
- In a large non-stick frying pan, heat oil over medium-high. Cook chicken, turning, for 5-10 minutes, or until golden and cooked through.
- In a small bowl, combine mint, and remaining ½ cup yoghurt and spread over the bottom half of each roll. Top with spinach, cucumber, carrot and tandoori chicken then the tops of the rolls. Serve burgers with dressed salad leaves, tomatoes and coriander, if using.
Although I’m not a qualified chef I do like to pretend I’m on Master Chef. I source the recipes from the stated source (not sauce) and make them taking the photo of the meal I produce for myself.
Grab my popular eBook Coach Ray’s Top 10 Healthy Recipes for only $7 (normal $27). It is packed full of Healthy Recipes to fuel your training, racing and recovery.
If you enjoyed this recipe here is one I published previously: