Chef Ray – Bean, Corn & Zucchini Quesadillas
Easy to make and full of flavour these quesadillas are so simple even your young kids can get involved in preparing them.
From: Freer, Chrissy (July 2021) Make It Mexican in: Healthy Food Guide
- 8 gluten-free tortillas
- 1x 400g can no-added-salt red kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 cup (180g) no-added-salt corn kernels, drained
- 1 zucchini, trimmed, finely diced
- 1 cup (120g) reduced-fat cheddar, grated
- 4 tablespoons reduced-fat plain yoghurt
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 60g mixed salad leaves
- lime wedges, to serve
- Sprinkle one tortilla with a quarter each of beans, corn, zucchini and cheese. Season with freshly ground black pepper, then lay another tortilla on top. Repeat with remaining tortillas and filling.
- Lightly spray a large frying pan with olive oil and heat over medium-high heat. Add one quesadilla to pan and cook for 2 minutes or until golden. Carefully turn out onto a plate, then slide back into pan to cook on other side for 2 minutes or until golden. Transfer to plate and cover to keep warm. Respray pan and repeat with remaining quesadillas.
- Cut quesadillas into quarters and arrange on serving plates. Top with yoghurt, diced tomato and salad leaves, then serve with lime wedges
Although I’m not a qualified chef I do like to pretend I’m on Master Chef. I source the recipes from the stated source (not sauce) and make them taking the photo of the meal I produce for myself.
Grab my popular eBook Coach Ray’s Top 10 Healthy Recipes for only $7 (normal $27). It is packed full of Healthy Recipes to fuel your training, racing and recovery.
If you enjoyed this recipe here is one I published previously: