Whipped up in only 20 minutes, this healthy, nutritious meal, tastes delicious and is on the table in no time.
From: Swain, Sarah; Macri, Liz; Freer, Chrissy; Delfino, Brooke; (September 2021) 5pm Panic in: Australian Healthy Food Guide
- 2 large carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 1 large green capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1 small head broccoli, cut into small florets
- 500g skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons reduced-salt, gluten free tamari
- 2x 250g pouches microwavable low-GI white rice, to serve
- 2 tablespoons unsalted cashews
- Lightly spray a large non-stick frying pan or wok with olive oil and heat over high heat. Add vegetables and cook stirring for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Lightly re-spray pan with olive oil. Add chicken and cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until browned. Add honey, tamari and cooked vegetables and cook stirring, for 2 minutes or until sauce is bubbling and chicken is cooked through.
- heat rice according to packet instructions. Add cashews to stir-fry, then serve with rice.
Although I’m not a qualified chef I do like to pretend I’m on Master Chef. I source the recipes from the stated source (not sauce) and make them taking the photo of the meal I produce for myself.
Grab my popular eBook Coach Ray’s Top 10 Healthy Recipes for only $7 (normal $27). It is packed full of Healthy Recipes to fuel your training, racing and recovery.
If you enjoyed this recipe here is one I published previously: