Chef Ray – Banana Nut Butter Fudge
This is the perfect snack post training, just pull it out of the freezer when you get home. After having a shower it will have defrosted enough and will help replace the fuel used during your workout.
From: Wallus, Yvonne; in Healthy Food Guide Healthier Baking & Sweets (2019) Healthy Life Media
Serves 8 pieces
- 1 large banana
- ½ cup chia seed peanut butter (look for the Mother Earth brand in NZ)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- In a food processor, blend all ingredients until well combined.
- Line a small rectangular plastic dish with baking paper. Transfer fudge mixture to dish and spread evenly.
- Place in the freezer for at least 2 hours. To serve, remove and cut into 8 pieces.
- Don’t use a strong-tasting olive oil as this will affect the flavour.
- Sprinkle the fudge with desiccated coconut before freezing, if you like.
- You can decorate each piece of fudge with an almond or a peanut before freezing.
- Any 100% nut butter will work such as macadamia, cashew or almond.
- Store for up to two weeks in an airtight container in the freezer.
Although I’m not a qualified chef I do like to pretend I’m on Master Chef. I source the recipes from the stated source (not sauce) and make them taking the photo of the meal I produce for myself.
Share this post so your friends can benefit as well.
Grab my FREE eBook “Coach Ray’s Five Fav Foods” which has my five favourite recipes including my pre-race meal with quality carbs and healthy fats, my breakfast every day and other foods to fuel my training and racing. Click HERE to DOWNLOAD NOW.
If you enjoyed this recipe here is one I published previously: