Qwik and easy to prepare, this is a flavoursome and delicious meal.
From: Ray, Kerrie; (Nov 2021) Get Stuffed in: Australian Healthy Food Guide
- 600g beef rump steak
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1½ tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large carrot, coarsely grated
- 250g peeled and cooked beetroots, cut into matchsticks
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 60g baby rocket
- ¼ cup pepitas, toasted
- 1½ tablespoons lemon juice
- 100g reduced-fat plain yoghurt
- 2 teaspoons horseradish cream or Dijon mustard
- 4 wholemeal pita pockets, halved
- Rub beef with thyme and 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a frying pan over high heat. Add beef and cook for 3-4 minutes each side or until browned and cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate, cover loosely with foil and rest for 5 minutes. Trim fat from beef before thinly slicing.
- Meanwhile, place carrot, beetroot, dill, rocket, pepitas, lemon juice and remaining oil in a salad bowl, tossing to combine.
- Place yoghurt, horseradish and 1 tablespoon water in a samll bowl, mixing well to combine.
- Add beef slices to salad, tossing to combine. Divide beef salad among pita pockets, then serve drizzled with yoghurt and horseradish sauce.
Although I’m not a qualified chef I do like to pretend I’m on Master Chef. I source the recipes from the stated source (not sauce) and make them taking the photo of the meal I produce for myself.
Grab my popular eBook Coach Ray’s Top 10 Healthy Recipes for only $7 (normal $27). It is packed full of Healthy Recipes to fuel your training, racing and recovery.
If you enjoyed this recipe here is one I published previously: